Are you new to sky broadband and tv service? If you want to know how to connect sky box to broadband, this post will help you to easily connect your skybox with broadband.
Setting up SkyBox can be a little complicated especially for the new users. But don’t worry, here is a simple step by step guide on how you can connect your Sky Box to the broadband and in how many ways. All you need is a Sky Box and a network connection and you are good to go.
How To Connect Sky Box To Broadband
There are two ways on how you can connect your Sky Box to your broadband.
Connecting your Sky Box to your broadband through a wire is what the company recommends to its users and rightly so. It results in a faster and more stable internet or network connection.
With that, the wired method requires you to keep your router near the SkyBox, assuming that you won’t like the idea of connecting both with a long wire. Follow these simple steps and never miss an episode of your favourite show.
These are the three simple steps you need to follow:
- Locate the Ethernet port on the back of your Sky Box.
- Insert one end of the Ethernet cable into the port.
- Connect another end of the Ethernet cable into the router’s Ethernet port.
That’s it. Now your Sky Box should be automatically connected to the internet. If not, then there might be an issue in either broadband or SkyBox. In any such case, contact the customer care services.
Wireless With WPS
The wireless method of connection might cause some slowdowns and instability once in a while but it is a pretty effective way to connect if your router is placed in another room than your Sky Box. And despite that, it is good to have fewer wires ain’t it?
To connect your Sky Box with broadband wirelessly, you just have to follow these steps:
- Press the WPS button on the back of your router for 3 seconds.
- When the router starts showing flash, instantly press the WPS button on the SkyBox.
- The yellowish light on your box will flash until it gets successfully activated. Once it does, the light will go darker.
Now you are halfway through and just have to set up your box by providing your WIFI password. For that, you need to do the following:
- Press the “Services” button on your Sky remote and select “Settings”.
- Then choose the option “Network” among the other options.
- Now select “Connect with password”.
- Choose your WIFI network from the available options and enter your password.
**(If you don’t remember your password and you have not personalized it, then look under or bottom of the router for password details)
Your Sky Box will be connected to the internet after these steps.
How to activate subscription channels?
- On your TV screen, go to channel 106. It will be showing a message that “Your Sky viewing card needs to be paired to your Sky+HD”.
- Press “Select” on your screen and you will see the prompt message “Request was successful”.
After a few minutes, your channels will be available. Sit back and enjoy.
If you want to connect both of the devices using a wireless connection and the Sky Box has a WPS button on its back but the router doesn’t, then the process will be different. But every problem has a solution and this one is no exception.
Here is how you can connect both of the devices without the WPS button:
- Press the button labelled “Services” on your Sky remote.
- Select the “Settings” on your screen by using navigation buttons.
- Select “System Details” and check that your software version begins with ‘4E30’ or not.
(The software version which starts with ‘4E30’ are not compatible with on-demand services and you will have to contact Customer Service for an upgrade)
- Press the “Services” button on your remote again and go to “Settings”.
- Choose “Network” and then select “Connect with password”. The device will now search for the nearby WIFI devices.
- Select your WIFI from the list and type in your password.
- After it connects successfully, presses the red button from your Sky remote for on-demand service and select Catch Up TV.
If the Sky channel shows the label ‘Available’, it means the device is successfully connected to the internet.
Note: You will need a Sky Wireless connector MINI for this method.
- Press ‘Services’ button from your Sky remote and select ‘Settings’ and then ‘System Details’.
- Check for the software version and if it begins with ‘4E30’, then contact your customer support and get your device upgraded.
- Now press the Sky button from your remote.
- Take the mini USB cable of Sky Wireless connector MINI.
- Connect the bigger USB pin in the port at the back of Skybox and the other side to the Sky Wireless connector MINI.
- Restart your device and wait for a few minutes then press the Sky button from your remote. Check if the lights on the router are ON.
- Now click the WPS button on your router and Sky Wireless connector MINI.
Your Sky box will now be connected to broadband.